The cost of a poorly run meeting can be astronomical, in terms of wasted money, staff time and other resources. However, a productive, efficiently run meeting can save thousands of dollars, create new ideas that help a company achieve financial success, solve major problems, and foster a more productive, motivated atmosphere for employees. It can be difficult for an internal employee to effectively facilitate and contribute in a meeting, especially if the situation is highly emotional or confrontational, or if the team has repeatedly discussed the same issues without positive resolution. This is where Dave Basarab’s knowledge and experience can make a difference.
Having Dave Basarab facilitate your next meeting enables you to fully participate without the need to concentrate on leading the meeting.
Dave leads clients through on-site or virtual meetings, including ideation sessions, corporate retreats, strategic planning sessions, and more, using proven tools to help them work through important issues and achieve real results.
When should you work with Dave Basarab as your meeting facilitator? When:
- Your team needs to generate creative new ideas.
- Your group doesn't wish to use an internal meeting facilitator (or your internal facilitator hasn’t achieved desired results).
- A number of meetings have already been held on the issue and no progress had been made.
- Your team is considering controversial issues and participants have a history of taking sides.
- There is a feeling that the group dynamics, including ego and power plays, will prevent constructive discussion.
As your meeting facilitator, Dave Basarab will:
- Help you clearly define and achieve your meeting objectives.
- Work with you in advance of your meeting, designing it to contain all of the necessary ingredients to enable success.
- Facilitate the session to keep the group on task, on target, and on time allowing all attendees to fully participate in the process.
- Ensure the agenda is clearly understood by each meeting participant.
- Keep participants focused on the defined objective.
- Foster a meeting atmosphere that attendees will enjoy.
- Leverage the diversity of thinking that leads to powerful solutions.
- Clarify statements and suggestions to avoid confusion.
- Use proven tools that generate ideas quickly and efficiently.
- Control diversions and keep the process on track.
- Monitor the agenda to ensure that time is used efficiently.
- Lead attendees to supported, workable action plans.
- Recommend different approaches that can save time or produce better results.
- Prepare a post-session meeting report documenting the meeting, including the action items that have been discussed and assigned.
- Sign your confidentiality agreement to protect your company information.
How Dave Basarab Consulting’s Meeting Facilitation Works
We do not believe that there is "one right way" to conduct a strategic planning session, hold a management retreat, or run any other kind of business meeting. When we design a session for you, it will be based on your needs and the types of tools and methodologies that will work best in your situation.
Use Dave Basarab Consulting to facilitate your next meeting and you will get the right people, with the right agenda, using the right process, with the right pre-work, doing the right action planning. You’ll also receive timely follow-up, including a comprehensive meeting report follow-up.